1. citizen-centric design,
3. open source,
4. information as a service,
5. innovative marketing.
In the GovLoop guide, The Future of Digital Services, we:
- Explore these five trends that are guiding the transition to web-based services.
- Discuss the challenges of digital governance with public and private sector leaders.
- Highlight examples of digital innovation in federal, state, and local governments.
- Provide guidance and resources to help agencies get started on digital initiatives.
Digital innovation is no longer optional for government agencies, but that doesn’t mean the federal government will provide a template for digital services. Instead, it will ultimately fall to individual agencies and departments to determine the purpose, design, and medium. But before you begin investing in these new virtual service models, you should learn the basics of what’s guiding digital service strategies and where they’re going next. This guide will help you do just that.