Rucker Alex brings over fourteen years of management, marketing and systems integration experience with fast-growing, internationally-focused projects and companies. Alex thrives in roles within and between public, private, academic, and non-profit sector environments: facilitating public-private partnerships at local and national scales, leading portions of $100m+ bids and programs, and conducting research and reporting to reveal actionable goals and craft implementation strategies.
- Topics include:
Greenhouse gas emission reduction from water system leak and pressure management as part of the California Governor’s Water Action Plan,
- Public-private partnerships, and water systems in the Quetzaltenango region of Guatemala based on 20 field interviews, in Spanish, with government and NGO stakeholders to further local economic development
- Preparation of a reference manual with guidelines and best practices on local economic development and Public-Private Management Model for the Inter-American Development Bank’s Latin American practitioners.
- Urban and rural water access in Panama, a study for USAID
- Cost-benefit analysis and policy recommendations for California’s municipal water rate structures
- Policy proposal for creating hybrid of protection systems and residential development in Bay area; impact of Latin America’s water utility privatization on public health outcomes
- Public sector international sustainability initiatives at the regional (sub-national) level
- Nationwide systems integration project for monitoring and measuring energy use
- State-wide financial reporting system
- Consumer-focused multimedia software
- Multi-million dollar online arts initiative
- International winery expansion
She has worked with many key public and private organizations addressing complex public policy issues. Organizations include: State Water Resources Control Board, California; Inter-American Development Bank, Latin America; URS Corporation, California, International; East Bay Municipal Utilities District, California; USAID, Latin America; CGI, International.